A Sample Ceremony
Here are some of the elements that you might choose as part of your ceremony.
In addition, you may want to include traditions from other cultures that you are connected with,
such as 'jumping the broom' or lighting a Unity Candle, etc.
- Processional - to music of your own choosing, perhaps written by me
- Chuppah - the wedding canopy
- Circling - going around each other seven times
- Kiddush - the blessing over wine
- Story - I or someone else telling a little bit about you
- Ketubah - signing and displaying the prenuptial contract
- Vows - traditional vows or personal ones you write yourselves or suggested by me
- Ring Exchange
- Seven Blessings - traditional or completely creative, some perhaps recited by friends and family
- Proclamation - presenting the married couple
- Breaking the Glass - by one or both of you